PROF. DR. RECAI PABUCCU
PROF. DR. RECAI PABUCCU
- Graduated from Cerrahpaşa Medical School as a Military Physician in 1975.
- Worked as Intern between 1979-1983 and Chief Intern between 1983-1984 in GATA Gynaecology Department
- Appointed as Assistant Professor in 1984
- Worked as Clinical Fellow with Prof Dr Victor GOMEL, one of the founders of gynaecologic microsurgery and one of the most famous laparascopy experts in the world, between 1985-1987 in University of British Columbia, CANADA and he was trained on reproductive endocrinology laparascopy, hysteroscopy, microsurgery and in vitro fertilization.
- Appointed as Associate Professor in 1987 and worked on Reproductive Endocrinology Laparascopy-Hysterescopy and In Vitro Fertilization areas and established these units in GATA Gynaecology Clinic; trained many interns and specialists on these subjects.
- Appointed as professor in 1993.
- Apponted as the Chair of the Department of the same clinic in 1995. In the same year, he opened In Vitro Fertilization unit in GATA, this In Vitro Fertilizaiton Center was selected as training center bythe Ministry of Health. Over 50 specialists got certificates on in vitro fertilization and embryology from this center. Within 9 years in which he worked as the Chair of the Department, Infertility and Reproductive Endocrinology, Gynaecologic Oncology and High Risk Pregnancies were shaped as subgroups in GATA Gynaecology and Birth Department and made a name both as an academician and GATA Gynaecology Department and in addition studies were initiated to enter in European Board.
- He was appointed as GATA High Science Council member in 2004 according to GATA Act.
- Founded and worked in Reproductive Health and Family Planning Services department in Turkish Armed Forces between 2002 and 2005. (Since 2004, each year average 450 thousand soldiers are trained on Family Planning, Maternal Care during pregnancy, protection from sexually transmitted diseases and violence against women.) During 4 years he worked as the Reproductive Health and Family Planning Services Coordinator in Turkish Armed Forces, he travelled across Turkey and gave seminars, conferences and breefings. In addition, he enabled that 1 Million Euro fund is transferred to Turkish Armed Forces from European Union to carry out this project.
- He attended hundereds of congresses as speaker and chair.
- He organized 5 Hysterscopy and 2 In Vitro Fertilization congresses on both national and international level.
- With the hysteroscopy courses he organized, he helped increase the knowledge and experience of over 1000 specialists on this area.
- He played an active role in founding Turkish Reproductive Medicine and In Vitro Fertilization Association.
- He prepared over 150 domestic and international publications and presented 65 papers.
- Wrote 3 books and chapters for 13 books.
- He is one of the first physicians in Turkey who completed in vitro fertilization education abroad and has been working on in vitro fertilization and infertility since 1987. He helped thousands of families have babies as a result of both laparascopic surgery, medical treatment and in vitro fertilization.
- He worked in Ministry of Health General Directorate of Maternal and Infant Health Assisted Reproductive Techniques Commission and Assisted Reproductive Techniques Certificate Examination Commission for long years.
- He is the Chair of the Ufuk University Medical School Dr Rıdvan Ege Hospital Gynaecology and Birth Department and Centruc Clinic Director.